Scalp pigmentation licensing requirements are very strict and similar in almost all states. Artistry Concepts is a fully, legally licensed and permitted facility and have been consistently since 2007. Here is a list of the licensing prerequisites required by the Florida Department of Health. Also required are occupational licenses from the Town of Longboat Key. There is no such thing as a “blanket” license to cover numerous artists, locations or an artist travelling and operating in numerous states.
(Weston License Number: 44-44-1458637)
- Satisfactory completion of a State-approved Bloodborne Pathogens & Communicable Diseases Course.
- Approved application to the State Department of Health
- Annually renewed
(Artistry Concepts License Number: 41-44-1636689)
- Approved application to the State Department of Health. This is routinely handled by the particular county’s Health Department. The permanent and fixed location is inspected for the following requirements:
- Sterilization requirements that include all smooth surfaces within the procedure room that can be sterilized with an approved and currently dated germicide. General sanitation inspection for entire business.
- Inspection of all needles, tubes, gloves, etc. for current dates
- Inspection of proper machine, clip cord covers, bottle covers, etc.
- If an autoclave is utilized, inspection of the independent monitoring company’s records regarding monthly testing and maintenance
- Approval of an appropriately-located sink for artist’s use only for sterilization. This sink cannot be in a rest room that is also used by the customer
- Light meter inspection of sufficient lighting required
- Annual inspection required for renewal
- Inspection of bio-medical waste. Includes location of waste, proper sharps (needles) disposal and examination of bio-medical waste company’s removal records and their permits
(Artistry Concepts Permit Number: 41-64-1636685)
- The establishment must contract with a State-approved medical waste disposal company. This contract must be in place before the fixed location inspection. The bio-medical waste company will supply you with a disposal box (picked up every 28 days), sharps container, and removal log.
Business Tax License
Town of Longboat Key
(Artistry Concepts License Number: 11092.2016)